Friday, August 3, 2007

Week 13 (4 of 16) Key Workout # 2

Thursday: The day after Key workout #1 left my calves a little sore...never did a workout like that...it was so intense but I still did my cross training at the gym. Started out on the Elliptical set at Random, Level 12 for one hour good for 6.6 miles. Then moved to the Lifecycle set at Random, Level 12 for one hour good for 18 miles. Then finished at the Stairstepper set at Random, Level 12 for 10 minutes and 52 floors.

Friday: Warmed up on the Elliptical set at Random, Level 15-12 for 10 minutes then moved to the Treadmill for the Key Run #2 which calls for 1 mile easy, 4 miles at MT pace (6:55/mile) and then 1 easy. Started the 1 mile run easy at 7 mph and gradually moved up 0.5 mph every quarter mile then after one mile, set the TM at 8.7 mph which came to 6.53/mile pace and ran for 4 miles. I felt like I could go quite a bit more at the end of four miles but I want to stick to the plan as close as possible so I set the TM to 8 mph for the first half mile of easy run and then decreased to 7.5 mph for the rest. I just didn't want to quit at 6 miles...why not 6.2?...So I went the additional 0.2 for an even 10K all in a time around 45:30. I still felt I had left quite a bit in the tank so I rode the Lifecycle set at Random, Level 10 for 30 minutes good for 8.25 miles and then finished up on the Stairstepper set at Random, Level 12 for 10 minutes good for 52 floors. Went home and swam 200 meters.

Tomorrow is a rest day...probably will do 40 minutes of abs and weights and then Sunday will be the first of five 20 mile runs in the plan. I do plan to substitute a 22 and a 24 mile in there for two of the 20 milers. I need to get past my 22-26.2 mile cramp zone.

No comments: